Following the disruption caused by the Coronavirus pandemic (and in preparation for schools reopening at the end of this week) we are delighted to announce that Route 16 serving Hangleton, the Knoll Estate and Portslade shops will be returning tomorrow, 1st September, along with School services 47A and 52A and extra school services in the afternoons.
Following popular demand the 47A and 52A have also been extended to Kings School in Hangleton, and the 47A has also been extended to start from Saltdean. This means that now there is a direct bus service from Saltdean, Rottingdean, Woodingdean, Ovingdean, Roedean, East Brighton and Kemptown village to BHASVIC, Cardinal Newman, Blatchington Mill, Hove Park and Kings School.
Routes and Timetables can be found here:
Services 47A and 52A are available to members of the public as far as Brighton Station; after this they are reserved for schoolchildren in order to maximise capacity. On school services, in line with Government guidance students can use all seats on the bus, but there will be no standing capacity.
To enable all passengers to travel safely, passengers aged 11 and over are expected to wear face coverings unless they are exempt. Our drivers carry medical-grade masks on all buses for passengers who need one.
All our public bus services in Brighton & Hove have the same fares as Brighton & Hove Buses and Compass Bus, and CitySaver tickets bought on The Big Lemon are valid on all Brighton & Hove Buses and Compass Bus services in Brighton & Hove. We also accept CitySaver tickets issued by other bus companies, as well as:
- Bus ID, Key Cards and Mobile Tickets issued by Brighton & Hove Buses
- Scratchcards issued by Brighton & Hove Buses
- Concessionary Bus Passes issued by any local authority in England
- Plus Bus tickets for Brighton Area Plusbus
- Discovery Tickets issued by any participating bus operator
- Southern & Thameslink SAVER (this can also be bought on our buses)
- Carer’s Cards issued by Brighton & Hove City Council
- Staff passes issued by any bus operator in the UK