Position Vacant: Waste Cooking Oil Collector, 20 hours per week spread over three days with potential to increase. Salary: £9 per hour
The Big Lemon is a Community Interest Company running a fleet of buses and coaches in and around Brighton on 100% recycled waste cooking oil.
In order to understand better the origin of our fuel supply, we have been collecting waste oil ourselves for two years in Brighton and Hove. Currently we collect from 142 businesses with varying frequency, and we are very keen to develop and grow our waste oil collection scheme. The new collector will be instrumental in expanding the route, by promotion, marketing, or any manner the collector desires!
The Big Lemon has also recently bought a 200 litre biodiesel processor, and the previous oil collector was responsible for its operation. You will have the chance to learn the recipe and make biodiesel from the waste oil you collect.
- Deliver fresh oil and collect waste oil from all of our sites at agreed intervals
- As the face of The Big Lemon, be courteous, friendly and helpful to all customers and members of the public
- Build relationships with new clients and actively promote our oil services
- Keep full paper and electronic records of our sales and collections
- Care of equipment, including regular cleaning of the van and the oil drums.
- Any other relevant tasks required to ensure smooth operation of our business
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A knowledge of the layout Brighton and Hove
- A degree of physical strength
- A driving licence with not more than six points, and no history of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- A cheerful disposition
- Ability to work unsupervised
- A desire to share our vision of a sustainable future, putting policy into practice at all levels of our operation
The Big Lemon is an equal opportunities employer.
Please download and complete an application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for an immediate interview. The successful applicant will begin work as soon as possible.
Interviews will be held on Monday afternoons, Tuesday mornings and Wednesdays.
Currently oil collection days are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays although these can be altered if required.