Urgent message to all our passengers at 1430 on 5 January 2021:
One of our team has sadly tested positive for Coronavirus. We have been clear from the beginning that the safety and wellbeing of our staff and our passengers is the most important thing for us, and as a result we are taking the following steps as a precaution:
- We have instructed all our drivers to complete the trips that they are currently driving and then to bring all the buses back to the depot
- All our drivers will then get an NHS Covid test
- All our vehicles will be deep-cleaned and fogged
- Our offices will also be deep-cleaned and fogged
- Staff will be able to return to work when they confirm a negative test result.
We will not run any services until this process has been completed. This means no services for the rest of today and no services tomorrow. We are hoping to run at least a limited service on Thursday and by Friday we hope to be back to normal.
We apologise to all our passengers affected and ask that anyone who is stuck as a result of the buses not running please call the office on 01273 681681 and we will book a taxi for you.
Thank you for your understanding, take care and we will update this website and social media as soon as we get more information.
Tom and the Team at The Big Lemon
Useful phone numbers:
Brighton & Hove City Council Public Transport Team: 01273 292480
Brighton & Hove Buses: 01273 886200
Compass Bus: 01903 690025
CityCabs Taxis: 01273 205205
Streamline Taxis: 01273 202020
Brighton & Hove Community Transport: 01273 677559