The Big Lemon operates a public bus service serving the campuses of the University of Brighton. The majority of our passengers are students, allowing for well-targeted advertising campaigns. We carry approximately 500 individual passengers a week, most of whom use the bus on a regular basis. The buses are on the road between 8am and midnight five days a week, enabling a consistent communication of your message.
We advertise on the back of the bus, on bus tickets, and on A3 posters placed at the front of the bus for all to see. There is only one poster space on each bus so your ad is guaranteed to be the only one on display at the time.
For further information and to purchase advertising space please click on the links below.
A3 Poster at the front of the bus. This costs £20 for the first week and £10 for each week thereafter, and all prices include VAT and printing.
We also offer all our advertisers a free link on our Links page!
Advertising Approval Guidelines
- We especially like to advertise local small businesses and organisations with social and environmental aims
- Adverts should promote equality of opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, age and disability
- Adverts should not be of a potentially offensive nature, nor related to controversial or sensitive public issues, nor use obscene language
- Adverts should not be of a political nature
- Adverts should not negatively affect the interests of The Big Lemon
- Adverts must not condone or provoke anti-social behaviour
- Adverts must comply with the law and must not incite anyone to break the law
- Digital media files: please do not send files that could result in data corruption, a virus, worm, or Trojan horse, or an increased vulnerability to hacking.
Products and services which we will not promote through advertising:
- Sex shops
- Products connected with the arms industry
- Cars, with the exception of car clubs, liftshare etc.
- Foreign travel, eg foreign holidays, cruises, flights etc
- Cosmetic surgery
- Products tested on Animals
- Non-ethical banking products
- Products made from timber from unsustainable sources
- Products made through the exploitation of cheap labour
- Products promoting feelings of inadequacy in women, men and children
We reserve the right to refuse advertisements that are not consistent with our values.