The Big Lemon is one of the most innovative independent bus operators in the UK, at the forefront of the electric bus revolution. We are building our technical capability with a new workshop and maintenance team, and have the following roles available:
- Lead technician, 40 hrs per week, £18/hr. Chance to build and run an engineering workshop including compliance systems and stores. Ideal candidate will be at the top of their game for maintenance and diagnostics, and looking to develop their people management and process abilities to help us deliver the best service to our customers.
- PSV technician, 40 hrs per week plus overtime, £17/hr. Performing inspections, maintenance and diagnostic work for preventative and reactive maintenance on our fleet of electric and diesel buses and coaches. Ideal candidate will be an experienced technician with a flexible approach to different vehicles and issues, focusing on our best service delivery.
- Minibus technician, 40 hrs per week plus overtime, £16/hr. As above, performing inspections, maintenance and diagnostic work for preventative and reactive maintenance on our minibus fleet. Ideal candidate will be an experienced technician with a flexible approach to different vehicles and issues, focusing on our best service delivery.
- Vehicle apprentice. Studying a three year programme towards NVQ Level 3, this won’t be a course like a larger employer or group might provide; you’ll be getting stuck in and fixing things from day 1, and learning about our business and customer focus too.
- Carry out repairs, inspections and maintenance of our fleet vehicles
- Investigate, diagnose and record modern vehicle mechanical & electronic faults
- Clearly document faults and rectification work conducted
- Confidently use modern technical fleet management systems
- Able to read and interpret instructions and service manuals
- Have a duty of care for the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues at all times
- Always follow safety instructions in respect of your role and the business as a whole and report unsafe acts of omissions of safety
- Undertake any other duties as required or as reasonably instructed by a manager.
- work van for business and local private use (qualified technicians only)
- 28 days holiday
- company pension
- bus pass
- free membership of the Transport Benevolent Fund
We are looking for candidates with an eye for detail and a passion for excellence, who enjoy their work. Honesty, reliability and good teamwork underpin everything we do and the successful candidates will be first and foremost friendly, hardworking individuals with a commitment to the highest standards of vehicle safety.
In addition, we are looking for candidates with
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent PSV maintenance qualification is essential; level 3 or equivalent is desirable
- IRTEC qualified Bus and Coach Inspection Technician is desirable but not essential
- PCV licence is desirable but not essential
- First Aid at Work certificate is desirable but not essential
- Commitment to undertake training as required
The Big Lemon is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, disability, religion or belief. We’re all different, and that’s a wonderful thing.
To apply for any of these positions please send your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org