The Big Lemon is an award-winning bus and coach operator based in Brighton. We operate two local public bus services using vehicles which we run on biodiesel from recycled cooking oil. Our current fleet is as follows, although this is subject to change:
- Two Volvo B10M 49/53 seat coaches
- Two Dennis Mini Pointer Darts, 29 seats
- Three Mercedes Midibuses, 25-29 seats
- One VW LT46 minibus 16 seats
This position is a full-time post of 37.5 hours per week working principally between the hours of 0730-1530 Monday to Friday although some flexibility will be required to meet the operational needs of the company.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the post holder shall be responsible for the maintenance of The Big Lemon’s fleet of vehicles. The post has no line management responsibilities initially but this may change as the workshop expands. The post holder will need to work unsupervised and be able to meet operational deadlines. The post holder will need to be flexible, quick-thinking and able to adapt to fast-changing operational circumstances whilst maintaining the highest quality of work. Immediate start.
- £12 – £15 per hour depending on level of experience/whether you have your own tools.
- 28 days paid holiday per annum.
- The company will also be offering a workplace pension in the near future in accordance with current legislation.
- As a minimum 1 years apprenticeship experience and hold either a City and Guilds or NVQ level 2 or 3 accreditation. Exceptions can be time served experienced engineers with verifiable references.
- A full manual PCV licence attained not less than two years ago
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a high standard of work and a friendly disposition
- The ability to work well in a team environment and work with management and drivers to provide the highest levels of service to our customers
- To be available out of hours for emergencies
Non-essential but desirable
Responsibilities & Tasks/p>
There will be on-going training and personal development opportunities for the right candidate.
Applying for the role:
If you are interested in this position please email your CV with a covering letter for the attention of Neil Morgan, Director of Operations, to email@example.com.
Please outline clearly how closely you meet each aspect of the person specification, and identify relevant experience in all aspects of the job description.
If you’d like to discuss this role further please call 01273 681681 and ask for Neil Morgan or Tom Druitt.