The Big Lemon operates Service 47 on a contract with Brighton & Hove City Council. The service operates Mondays – Saturdays (except Bank Holidays).
Service 47 runs all the way between Saltdean and West Hove Sainsbury’s via Rottingdean, Brighton Marina, County Hospital, Kemptown, Old Steine, Brighton Station, Seven Dials, Old Shoreham Road, the Knoll Estate and Hangleton. Currently it has also been extended to serve Portslade Station.
We’re delighted to confirm that following a period of reduced services brought in during the Coronavirus pandemic our 47 Service is now back to its normal timetable.
For Sunday services between Saltdean and Brighton Station please see the 57 timetable.
All our public bus services in Brighton & Hove have the same fares as Brighton & Hove Buses and Compass Bus, and CitySaver tickets bought on The Big Lemon are valid on all Brighton & Hove Buses and Compass Bus services in Brighton & Hove. We also accept CitySaver tickets issued by other bus companies, as well as:
- Bus ID, Key Cards and Mobile Tickets issued by Brighton & Hove Buses
- Scratchcards issued by Brighton & Hove Buses
- Concessionary Bus Passes issued by any local authority in England
- Plus Bus tickets for Brighton Area Plusbus
- Discovery Tickets issued by any participating bus operator
- Southern & Thameslink SAVER (this can also be bought on our buses)
- Carer’s Cards issued by Brighton & Hove City Council
- Staff passes issued by any bus operator in the UK